Experience Sandboarding Lessons and get ready to sweat. South Africa doesn’t have much snow but given the sand dunes, why not try another version of boarding by trying Sandboarding Lessons. Spend an action packed session learning how to carve up the sand dunes on a sandboard. Whether you are an absolute beginner or veteran board rider, you will experience an adrenalin rush guaranteed to leave anyone smiling. Experience the exhilaration of carving up the Sand Dunes of Atlantis or Benoni. Both within easy reach of city centres, offering a multitude of different runs to cater for absolute beginners to experienced sandboarders ensuring a fun filled, memorable time for all. Your instructor will provide expert sandboard lesson instruction and will teach you how to sandboard using our easy to follow ABC Sandboarding Lesson. You will be able to control your speed by turning. You decide how fast you would like to go!
We use specially manufactured sandboards which have been designed specifically for sand.
- All sandboarding lesson equipment
- Expert instruction
- Transport (Clean, Air-conditioned vehicles)
Your ABC Sandboarding Lesson includes –
- Personal Introduction
- Health and sandboarding/snowboarding experience check on participants
- Explanation of a Sandboard – rails, bottom, deck, bindings.
- General Safety
- Environmental Impact
- Correct weight distribution
- Leading shoulder
- Turning your board forehand and backhand.
- Transition from backhand to forehand and vice versa.
- Free riding and reading dunes.
Need to Know
- Location: Benoni, Gauteng
- Availability: Sandboarding Lessons takes place on the weekend throughout the year, subject to minimum numbers and ideal weather.
- Who: Ideal for all those in good health. Moderate level of fitness required. No previous experience necessary. Suitable for corporate team building purposes or social fun days.
- Numbers: This experience is for one person and forms part of a group.
- Weather: This sandboarding lesson experience is weather dependent.
- What to take: Take thick socks (shin height), sun glasses, sun block, hat & camera. Take bottled water and energy bars.
- Duration: Allow half a day for this experience.
- Additional Information: Participation is entirely at your own risk. All equipment is supplied. Instructors are experienced and qualified.
Activity gift vouchers make exceptional gifts for men, gifts for guys, men’s gifts and gifts for him. Often men have everything and it can be difficult to buy gifts for them. Experience vouchers are extraordinary gift alternatives to ordinary gift buying trends.
Read more about how you can enjoy Sandboarding Lessons via http://www.celestialgifts.co.za
Track everything experiential via http://www.facebook.com/celestialgiftexperiences
Written and prepared for by Odette Butcher, Chief Experience Officer, Celestial Gift Experiences