Bungee jumping (or bungy jumping) is the sport of leaping from a tall structure while connected to a large rubber band. The tall structure is usually a fixed object, such as a building, bridge, or crane; but it is also possible to jump from a movable object, such as a hot-air-balloon or a helicopter (whoever tries this is crazy by the way), which has the ability to hover over one spot on the ground; fixed-wing aircraft (are they nuts??) are clearly unsuitable because they only stay aloft when moving rapidly forward. The intense thrill comes as much from the free-falls as from the rebounds.
When the person bungy jumps, the cord stretches to absorb the energy of the fall, then the bungy jumper flies upwards again as the cord snaps back. The bungy jumper oscillates (big word) up and down until all the energy is dissipated.
Equipment – The elastic rope first used in bungee jumping, and still used by many commercial operators, is factory-produced braided shock cord. This consists of many latex strands enclosed in a tough outer cover. The outer cover may be applied when the latex is pre-stressed, so that the cord’s resistance to extension is already significant at the cord’s natural length (very scientific analysis). This gives a harder, sharper bounce. The braided cover also provides significant durability benefits.
Bungy jumping is a great activity gift for adventure and thrill seekers. This activity gift voucher makes for a great gift for dad, gift for guys, gifts for men or gifts for him.
- Location: Krugersdorp, Gauteng
- Availability: Weekends and Public Holidays from 11H00-17H00.
- Experience restrictions – Minimum weight of 45kgs | Maximum weight of 150kgs | Minimum age of 14
- Numbers: This experience is for one person.
- Weather: This experience is not weather dependent.
- What to take: Wear sensible clothing and closed flat shoes.
- Duration: Allow 3 – 4 hours for the entire experience, this includes time waiting in queues.
- Additional Information: This is an extreme experience. You will be required to sign an indemnity form for this activity. Children under the age of 18 will need written consent from their parents. Although you will be in the hands of highly experienced instructors you need to be extremely clear that you experience this activity entirely at your own risk. You are encouraged to take out your own personal liability insurance.
It is crucial to be aware of the following, you may not participate if you –
- are pregnant
- have high blood pressure
- have a heart condition
- have a neurological disorder
- have epilepsy
- have acute or chronic knee or back disorder
- have osteoporosis
- any other conditions that may become aggravated or put your well being at risk
Read more about this experience via http://www.celestialgifts.co.za
Track everything experiential via http://www.facebook.com/celestialgiftexperiences
Prepared for by Odette Butcher, Chief Experience Officer, Celestial Gift Experiences